[Fwd: minor technical: A.7 grammar, rule [25] Constraint] punctuationSyntax

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:20:40 -0600
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
On some other syntax-related comments, I just cited our
punctuationSyntax records and asked if that makes him happy.

In this case, I don't feel I can defend our decision.
Anybody else care to draft a reply?

Souri, perhaps?

1/2 ;-)

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

attached mail follows:

Appendix A.7 grammar
Rule [25] "Constraint" permits a FILTER to be followed by a BuiltInCall
or FunctionCall.  While this is parsable and might occasionally be
used in queries (see examples in section 11.2.3 "Operators introduced
in SPARQL"), it would be better from a
consistency standpoint to eliminate this possibility, as BuiltInCall
and FunctionCall are varieties of Expression. In that case the rule is
simply that FILTER is always followed by a parenthesized expression.

Fred Zemke