Re: how to subsume or handle warnings?

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:10:58 -0500
To: andy.seaborne@hp.com

On Jan 3, 2006, at 7:10 AM, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Can we use the current <link> mechanism here?  It points to some
> metadata for the results.

I suppose so.

>   I don't see a need for another element as such.  Your example
> below shows that the boundary between warning and "additional
> information" is not clear-cut.

While that's true, I don't think that suggests using <link> or some
other element/attribute.

>> I also prefer to raise this issue now, perhaps discuss it, then
>> postpone it till later.
>
> There remains the matter of warning for RDF/XML results over plain
> HTTP.

Short of putting new constructs into the results format, I don't
think this is very easy or practical. Could use multipart responses,
but I think that's a mistake, and I'm not entirely sure how to do
that in WSDL anyway.

>   I don't see where addition information can be inserted.
> Postponing would be acceptable.

I don't really either. And, as I said, I'm fine with postponing this
issue too.

Cheers,
Kendall