Re: saddle?

On May 16, 2006, at 2:24 PM, Steve Harris wrote:

> On 16 May 2006, at 16:01, Kendall Clark wrote:
>

>> Folks,
>>
>> I've had two separate queries in the past few days about SADDLE.
>> So, I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. does anyone have a copy of any of that work? I fear it only
>> exists in CVS somewhere, as an old revision of the editor's draft
>> of the protocol spec. I'll be trawling through that looking for
>> bits, but if someone has something else ready-to-hand, that would
>> be great.
>>
>> As I recall the majority of the work done on this was done at the
>> Boston F2F. Maybe someone has some notes from that?
>>
>> 2. is there any interest in restarting work on SADDLE sooner
>> rather than later, on the assumption that 2 recent queries
>> probably may be the tip of an iceberg -- okay, probably not
>> iceberg, but if 2 people asked, I assume lots of other people
>> wondered and didn't ask.
>
> Yes, I'm still interested. I've heard lots of different people
> outside the working group express an interest in it.

I would entertain a move to reopen the issue if someone presented
some new information about our serviceDescription issue. I'm not sure
we could reopen it, as I'm not sure there are enough folks left in
the WG who want to work on this, but it does seem to have heated up
recently, and I'm not sure it's *that* hard if we could find the 80%
point. We did do a good bit of the work already. (Well, okay, a
little bit anyway.)

Cheers,
Kendall