Re: more on bnodes in predicate positions

On 8 May 2006, at 23:26, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Regarding
>   ACTION: DanC find decision record for bnodes in predicate
> I'm not able to confirm from records that the WG decided
> to take bnodes out of the predicate slot.
>
> As of 11 Oct, we were resolved...
>
> "that the grammar in 1.501 addresses issue punctuationSyntax"
>   --
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005OctDec/
> att-0055/11-dawg-minutes.html#item04
>

> And as of 1.501 the Verb production was VarOrBlankNodeOrIRIref.
>
> As far as I can tell, the issue has remained closed since then.
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#punctuationSyntax
>
> The change to take BlankNode out of Verb was in...
>
> Revision 1.629  2006/01/30 17:38:14  aseaborne
> - Removed bnodes from triple pattern predciate position
>   Definition and syntax
>
> I don't see a relevant decision between 11 Oct and 30 Jan.
> I could be missing it, but I'm looking pretty hard.
>
> The WG approved the CR candidate (1.664 2006/03/21),
> but as we're discussing, it's inconsistent about whether
> bnodes are allowed in Verb or not.
>
> Perhaps the WG approved a relevant test case? I'm not
> sure how to search those easily.

Yes, there's one here:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#syntax-bnodes-04-rq

 From the 2005-06-07 minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/
public-rdf-dawg/2005AprJun/0411
" RESOLVED: to address punctuationSyntax ala the 70-ish tests in
   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/SyntaxFull/
   PatH and EricP abstaining "

I think I brought this up a few weeks ago, when I realised there was
a conflict.

- Steve