Re: 1.538 + EBV/valueTesting note

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:52:40 -0500
Cc: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
To: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>

On Nov 15, 2005, at 6:37 PM, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> The WG decided to publish 1.538 + EBV/valueTesting note, plus
> ... today. The note was to reflect a disagreement between Andy
> and myself about Effective Boolean Value. I wanted to stick with
> the XQuery semantics but Andy pointed out that they changed since
> I used them to establish the SPARQL EBV rules.

Hmm... before or after XQuery went to last call?

Did they highlight the change in a changes section of their CR?
I wonder if they have a test case that ensures that implementors
will notice the change.

>  The previous rules
> were basically, TRUE for all but a few known types with known FALSE
> values. The new rules have type errors for all but known types. I'm
> happy to switch to the new rules, but the WG voted on the old ones.
> DanC, advice?

Please just add some (more) "red text" about this ... anything that you
and Andy
are both comfortable publishing...  and continue toward publication.