Re: allow implicitly unbound variables in SPARQL results?

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:16:24 -0400
Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Jeen Broekstra <jeen@aduna.biz>, RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>

Preliminary evidence suggests that:
<binding .../>"""

I.e., that:
	"""11 to 13 percent difference between the two compressed"""

He is comparing processing time with a modified XSLT script (to get
transformation difficulty/speed rather than just parse time).

However, this does suggest that a reasonable response is that we expect
gzipping to be the standard way of dealing with the transmission
overhead of the verbosity.

We do have some concerns about processing results on mobile devices,
but perhaps these arguments can be mobilized against any format not
specifically designed for them (or, perhaps binary XML is the
answer...I don't know).

Cheers,
Bijan.