Re: machine consumable SPARQL grammar

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:20:38 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Dan Connolly wrote:
> So our grammar is now LL(1).
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#grammar
>
> But to directly consume the current draft (1.511 ) by machine,
> I guess you have to copy and paste the table or something.
> I think we have yacc and n-triples versions of the grammar.
> Please add those to the draft, OK, EricP or Andy?

No problem.  It isn't just yacc anyway.

(N-triples?)

I'd also like to see that the generated parsers can in fact parse the test
suite syntax tests as a sanity check.

> i.e. check them into the rq23/ directory and add a link
> from the #grammar section.
>
> In Andy's repy to the comment, there's a pointer to yacker,
> and I can follow my nose from there to a list of grammars
>   http://www.w3.org/2005/01/yacker?action=list+grammars
> but it's not clear which is the relevant one.

This is true - Eric is there someway we can:

1/ Delete unused grammars
2/ Ensure all the generated parsers match the grammar.  At the moment, each
needs to be explicitly remade, right?  Flagging when the gramamr is newer than
one of the parsers and a "make all parsers" option woudl help.

The grammar is rq23final (no "-") although that is prior to the change made
last week s/isURI/isIRI/g which changed the grammar in rq23 as well as all the
text use of isURI.