progress on WSDL 1.1 actions

From: Lee Feigenbaum <feigenbl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 20:52:36 -0400
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Hi Everyone,

I've asked Kendall and Eric to review the latest draft of the WSDL 1.1
Note and, of course, the WSDL itself now available at:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wsdl11/

Kendall was able to give a "semi-cursory" thumbs-up to the WSDL before he
had to go away this past week.

I've also added a good bit of expository text at:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/SparqlProtocolWsdl11Examples

This text links to a fully working Java sample client that executes SPARQL
queries via SOAP over HTTP. It also explains how the code works. The
sections on a python sample and a C# sample will hopefully be filled in
this coming week.

This partially satisfies:

ACTION: Lee to elaborate on how to use this WSDL 1.1 stuff
with tools

...but as I'm planning to fill in the python and C# parts of the Wiki
page, I'd be happy to keep this action open for the time being.

The other two relevant actions:

ACTION: KC, EricP to review WSDL 1.1 sparql protocol
publication candidate, once a candidate pointer is mailed to the WG

ACTION DanC: publish WSDL 1.1 sparql protocol note,
contingent on thumbs-up from KC, EricP, Lee/Elias

are waiting on a thumbs-up from Eric and any other interested WG members.
Elias and I are OK with the current state of the Note, I believe, but
would definitely appreciate any second (or third) sets of eyes.

hope everyone enjoy[s|ed] your weekends,
Lee