XSD decimal syntax

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:31:38 +0100
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

 > 7. Section 3.  Decimal values cannot be written as literals.  This
 > seems like a needless limitation.  Suggest SPARQL use the literal
 > definitions in XPath 2.0.

In XPath 2.0,

   3.4 is a decimal
   3.4e0 is a double (doubles must have an exponent)

xsd:decimal is now one of the required supported types in rq23.

In the RDF world N3/Trutle/cwm and programming languages would make 3.4 a
double; Sesame makes it a decimal.  I'm not sure where tht leaves expectations.

We could go either way.  Either have decimal syntax support, and 3.4 is an
xsd:decimal value, or just have integer/double syntax support, requiring
xsd:decimals to be written in long form.

Last I found of this in the archive is:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005AprJun/0262

which was a default choice (leave as-is) with Eric being mildly for decimal.