Re: twinql Retrospective motivates DESCRIBE refinement?

Kendall Clark wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 08:33:25AM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
>
>>Did we consider this design already?
>>

>>>   As I write, it occurs to me that some way to say which method is
>>>being (server -> client), or should be (client -> server), used for
>>>DESCRIBE would be desirable -- I'd like my clients to know that
>>>they're getting CBDs, or the clients might wish to ask for a certain
>>>kind of description.
>>
>>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Aug/0063
>>

>>I'm considering re-opening issues#DESCRIBE. Advice is welcome.
>

> Is this orthogonal or related to SADDLE? I would have thought such
> description (the server does *foo* when the client says DESCRIBE) would have
> been a SADDLE issue, though I guess the flip side is that the client says to
> the server "I want you to do *bar* when I say DESCRIBE".

I consider to a SADDLE matter - the requirement that the clients know they are
getting CBDs and that is met by a service description.

[[ The only possible limitation I can envisage is that the client can't choose
one out of a set of DESCRIBE choices but then if the service chooses to offer
then as one bundle, it is the services choice - and it might make sense only
to offer as a bundle anyway.  The comment was about knowing what's done, not
choosing. ]]

	Andy