Re: IRI references rewording

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:58:12 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: andy.seaborne@hp.com, RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 08:41:20AM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:

> > SPARQL is defined in terms of absolute IRIs (this includes the fragment
> > identifier).
>
> I don't find that sentence helpful. I don't think the term "SPARQL"
> is defined anywhere in the document. Er... actually, I see...
>
>  SPARQL is a query language for getting information from
>  such RDF graphs.
>
> which seems odd, since SPARQL has both a protocol and a query language.
> It seems like the 1st occurrence of the acronym should be expanded.

Since I too feel like being pedantic today, I'll point out that I raised
this issue a few times and was rebuffed, for reasons I never entirely
understood. I don't think it's especially helfpul for the query language to
squat the acronym/name.

Cheers,
Kendall
--
In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
					  --George Orwell