Re: subgraph/entailment

On Sep 5, 2005, at 5:20 PM, Enrico Franconi wrote:

> I don't see why we need to maintain in the document the wording
> "subgraph of"; we could write "entailed by" and say that the type of
> entailment is decided by the service.
>
> Why not?

There was a time when all designs had equal footing, but over the last
couple years we raised various issues and closed them, culminating in
a decision 28 June that we had a design that met our requirements and
addressed all outstanding issues.
   http://www.w3.org/2005/06/28-dawg-minutes#item09

So at this point, if you want the WG to consider a different design, the
burden is on you give new information that motivates reconsidering
earlier decisions.

>> The current text in rq23 is based on the second paradigm.  Would it
>> help to add text that explains that the subgraph is the subgraph of
>> the entailed graph, not the ground data?
>
> No, as I said it does not work in important cases.

Which cases are those? I scanned the thread and I don't see what you're
referring to. If they're use cases that other WG members
find important, there may be sufficient cause to re-consider some
decisions.