agenda: RDF Data Access 6 Sep

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:33:36 -0500
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

1. Convene, take roll, review records and agenda

for times in major cities around the world...

  tel:+1.617.761.6200 code:7333
  supplementary IRC chat:irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dawg
    log to appear:http://www.w3.org/2005/09/06-dawg-irc

scribe: Kendall
regrets: SteveH
welcome Rachel Yager, representing FSTC

record for review:

next meeting: 13 Sep. scribe volunteer?

note the following done without discussion:

ACTION: EricP to change contact email to dawg-comments and call for
review in IETF
DONE in 1.480

ACTION: EricP to respond to "External storage" comment
DanC accidently did it

continue the following without discussion:

ACTION: LeeF to draft WSDL 1.1 for SPARQL thingy with AndyS and Elias
ETA 9 sep

ACTION: DanC to ask WSDL WG to review WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2 SPARQL
protocol stuff, once both are available

comments on agenda?

It's based on
 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/ 1.480
 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/ 1.63
 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues 1.98
 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/lc-status-report.html 1.22

2. comment: Query forms should be resources, not operations

BM and KC don't seem to have reached consensus. Hmm.

2005-09-05T00:36:22Z from distobj

3. comment: SPARQL Protocol: inconsistent parameter names

Did anybody get back to the commentor?

4. Toward Protocol Last Call

ACTION KC: update protocol spec to show that SPARQL services that export
HTTP bindings must export the HTTP binding in this SPARQL protocol spec;
likewise for SOAP

ACTION: KendallC to add editorial note to protocol spec showing that our
WSDL is not kosher and it depends on their final decision.

ACTION: KendallC, to relax the query-result type to allow "equivalent
serialization" [salt to taste] and leave out the
whttp:outputSerialization param, note the conflict with the current WSDL
spec, and take the risk that we'll have to come back if they say no

ACTION: KC to make conneg explicit in c. CONSTRUCT with simple RDF
dataset and take accept: out elsewhere

5. BASE IRI resolution comment

ACTION: ericP to send [OK?] message to Bjoern.

6. issues#valueTesting : "language tag issues"

7. issues#valueTesting: handling type "error"s

Bug: "A value disjunction that encounters a type error on only one
branch will return the result of evaluating the other branch."

we have...

ACTION: DaveB to make 'XXI'^^:romanNumeral = 21 and points nearby into
test cases (or ask questions in email).

which is done in that it illustrates the issue nicely...

now... which way does the answer go? like Dave's test
materials (1 result), or like the LC spec (0 results)?

8. issues#sort, comment ORDER with IRIs

I lost track... I'd like to establish who has the ball on this.

9. Recent SPARQL QL comments

Let's take a look at these and see how many should involve the
whole WG vs. just the editors and/or chairs. Barstow's comment
in particular is one where I misjudged...

  * Comments on SPARQL: Querying the Dataset
      * 2005-08-30T19:01:08Z from jagannathan.srinivasan
  * Comments on SPARQL: Semantics of queries involving named graphs
      * 2005-09-01T01:47:14Z from jagannathan.srinivasan
  * Some typos in WD
      * 2005-09-01T08:07:52Z from Olivier.Corby
  * Comments on last-call SPARQL draft 20050721, section 2
      * 2005-09-01T11:27:51Z from GK
      * 2005-09-01T12:33:53Z from connolly
  * Comments on SPARQL Query Language for RDF (21 July 2005 version)
      * 2005-09-01T17:12:32Z from Art.Barstow
      * 2005-09-01T18:01:57Z from connolly
  * Example Errors
      * 2005-09-02T23:17:29Z from RRLevering

10. Toward SPARQL CR

ACTION: DanC to investigate having CVS commits send to the WG list

request for CR needs
 - documentation that dependencies are discharged
   - we haven't closed the loop with XQuery
 - documentation of outstanding dissent
   - Network Inference's objection to the BRQL strawman
     rather than something XQuery-based is still outstanding.

11. Protocol Testing

ACTION: EliasT to draft test for WSDL 2.0 mime type restriciton in
output serializatin

ACTION EliasT: establish consistency between protocol examples and tests

12. WSDL last call

ACTION: KC to work with WSDL WG on describing POST binding with
application/x-form-encoded in WSDL 2

ACTION: KC to work with WSDL WG on moving "style" from interface to

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E