Re: WSDL 2.0 issues

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:29:26 -0500
To: kendall@monkeyfist.com

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 10:17 -0400, Kendall Clark wrote:
[...]
> Yes, we can drop the WSDL requirement, with the associated risks. We can
> also push back on the WSDL group to loosen some of these restrictions
> (especially the ones about output and fault serialization types) that seem
> unnecessarily restrictive.

Yes, we can ask them to take on new requirements. But imagine being
on the other end... imagine if somebody asked us to add a new
requirement at this point. We'd be pretty reluctant. But maybe
this isn't too much design work for them.

> The problem with inputing XML is solvable either by finishing SparqlX or by
> simply doing a trivial XML serialization for our query language.

I'd rather not change the protocol design just because of limitations
in protocol description technology.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E