Re: WSDL 2.0 issues

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:21:25 -0400

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 10:08:12AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:

> > (We do have the option of taking the default outputSerialization type,
> > application/xml, and describing the output of query as XML. Which is
> > generally true, but not very specific.)
>
> Presumably that would prevent us returning construct results in Turtle and
> co? Though I guess that was the case all along, and I just wanst paying
> attention.

Yes, that is right. In Turtle, N3, ntriples, or any other non-XML RDF
serializations I've forgotten about (I did some basic work on one for YAML
back in the day...)

Yep, just using application/xml is a hack. An ugly hack. :>

> > Is that right? If not, we could moot this issue by requiring one and only
> > one media type for our faults.
>
> I'm using the XML head element of the results format at the moment, it's
> something the client knows how to parse, and its lying around.

And I was thinking of returning XHTML. I think some of these WSDL
restrictions are unnecessarily tight.

Cheers,
Kendall