W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > July to September 2005

Minutes of the DAWG telecon 2005-08-02

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:39:56 +0100
Message-ID: <42F09EFC.7030506@hp.com>
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Minutes of the 2005-08-02 telecon.

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0162.html

IRC log:
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/02-dawg-irc

Agenda:

1. Convene, take roll, review records and agenda
2. ISSUE resultsMimeType
3. SPARQL results publication
4. toward Protocol last call
5. SPARQL QL comment status and editorial comments
6. issue valueTesting
7. issue badIRIRef
8. comment "Query forms should be resources, not operations"
9. Test cases publication

--------

1. Convene, take roll, review records and agenda

Attendees:
   Kendall Clark
   Elias Torres
   Dave Becket
   Jeen_Broekstra
   Dan Connolly (chair)
   Howard Katz
   Eric Prud'hommeaux
   Andy Seaborne (scribe)
   Janne Saarela
   Steve Harris
   Jos De Roo
   Lee Feigenbaum

Regrets:

Minmutes of last meeting:
   http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-dawg-minutes
RESOLVED: to approve 26 Jul minutes

Next meeting: 9 Aug
    Chair:  Dan Connolly
    Scribe: Janne Saarela

Actions carried over without discussion:

ACTION: ericP to add "don't normalize" to rq23 (perhaps supplied in 0096)
ACTION: EricP to add test in 0096 to rq23 tests. label "approved" and ref
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/26-dawg-minutes
ACTION: ericP to send [OK?] message to Bjoern

ACTION: ericP to update rq23 to include the text of rq23/mime.txt reflect
security concearns

ACTION: DanC to follow up re optional test based on op:dateTime triple
ACTION: DaveB to to propose source test to approve
ACTION: SteveH to review the relevant test case re: IRI normalization ref
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/28-dawg-minutes#item06
ACTION: AndyS to add the above graph test cases (analagous to valueTesting
test cases) (don't expect quick delivery) ref
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf5-bos.html#item05

2. ISSUE resultsMimeType

DONE: DaveB to add mime type to results format
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0125.html
DONE: EliasT to review XML Results mime-type registration "I've read the
entire draft to be sent to the IETF and it looks good."
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0126.html
DONE: DanC to review XML Results mime-type registration
"1.55 looks good The changes in 1.56 and 1.57 look OK"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JulSep/0140.html

DONE: KendallC to update protocol spec w.r.t. results mime type
DONE: KendallC to Check whether the results namespace is in protocol draft;
if so, update.
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/ 1.53  2005/07/27 19:42:14

DONE: AndyS to fix rq23 to reflect new results namespace
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/ 1.448  2005/08/01 13:20:06

DONE: DaveB to update rf1 with new namespace
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/


ACTION: DaveB respond to "sparqlResults namespace" comment
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Jul/0039.html
, after rq23 is updated


3. SPARQL results publication

DONE: DaveB to choose a term and define it
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#defn-srd

DONE: EricP to ask for namespace approval and put a document there
http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results 1.4

DONE: ericP to publish rf1
   rf1 published during the telecon


4. toward Protocol last call

DONE: KendallC to use Dave's name for a results set doc in the protocol draft...
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/ 1.53

DONE: KendallC to consider flattening rdf-dataset

DONE: KendallC to add security considerations section to proto draft,
     under 4. Policy...

DONE: KendallC to add POST binding to protocol doc
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/ 1.53

Outstanding matters:
    (1) examples
    (2) post binding
    (3) conformance/definitions
    (4) some kind of non-normative wsdl 1.1
    (5) something about output serialization

ACTION Elias: elaborate "DESCRIBE with simple RDF dataset" and a few other examples

ACTION KendallC: update http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/result2 to 
http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results#

ACTION SteveH: elaborate "CONSTRUCT with content negotiation" into a test case

ACTION EricP: discuss conformance w.r.t. WSDL 2 with PLH and send some notes to 
the WG, preferably including suggested text for conformance

Discussion on timing.
   WSDL WG thought to be aiming for a recommendation in Spring 2006

DanC plans to spend time on other things when DAWG goes to CR
DanC: CR may be long to allow sync with other recs

ACTION AndyS: review proto-wd/ as LC candidate after signal from KC, perhaps by 
9 Aug but more likely 16 Aug

ACTION EricP: review protocol document for last call when KendallC says it's ready

ACTION SteveH: review proto-wd by 16th Aug, if not 9th Aug

Kendall: Adding SOAP delays the LC candidate

DanC: suggest a separate tech report from the WG for WSDL 1.1

ACTION LeeF: draft WSDL 1.1 for SPARQL thingy with AndyS and Elias ETA 1 month

ACTION DanC: ask WSDL WG to review WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2 SPARQL protocol stuff, 
once both are available

Kendall noted:
There's some risk -- but I don't know its scope or severity -- that the "How to 
do Sparql Protocol in WSDL 1.1" document will become the de facto protocol 
document for SOAP people. This means, IMO, that it has either reference the 
SPARQL-P doc or duplicate its policy section and maybe other sections, too.


5. SPARQL QL comment status and editorial comments

ACTION: DanC to investigate having CVS commits send to the WG list

AndyS+EricP will add an acknowledgement section.  This will not cover prior art 
(which is covered by the survey and strawman process).

ACTION AndyS: take the "Backslashes in string literals" comment


6. issue valueTesting

DONE EricP/Andy: revise rq23 to remove reference to implementations/engines

DONE: EricP to finish extendedType-eq-pass-result.n3

PROPOSED: to accept extendedType-eq-pass-result.n3 (manifest 1.4 query 1.5 
results 1.2)
RESOLVED (no one against, no abstentions)

ACTION SteveH: update test matierials to show extendedType-eq-pass-result.n3 
approved in this 2 Aug meeting

ACTION DaveB: make 'XXI'^^:romanNumeral  = 21 and points nearby into test cases 
(or ask questions in email).


7. issue badIRIRef

ACTION AndyS: draft language re <foo###bar> errors
ACTION AndyS: Use IRI ref not RDF URI ref as world has moved on


8. comment "Query forms should be resources, not operations"

ACTION KC: ask Baker for clarification


9. Test cases publication

ACTION: DanC to check after August on SteveH regarding test preparation for
publication as WG Note
Received on Wednesday, 3 August 2005 10:43:14 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:24 GMT