Re: more tidying references: RDF Schema?

Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Dan Connolly wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 13:35 +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
>>

>>>Dan Connolly wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>>
>>>I can explain the schema links: they are links for constants used in SPARQL.
>>>rdf:nil and rdf:type.
>>>
>>>RDF Collections are in rdf:nil is in RDF schema and SPARQL has list syntax to
>>>agree with that and mentions rdf:nil (i.e the rdf collection "()")
>>>
>>>Similarly for "a" - rq23 says it stands for rdf:type and links to that URI.
>>>
>>>So a RDF schema link should be normative (or remove the links and leave the
>>>bytes for the URI not in a <a> but that woudl be shame).
>>

>>Though rdf:nil and rdf:type are discussed in the RDF Schema spec,
>>they're also discussed, fairly definitively, in [RDF-MT], and
>>we already have a normative reference there. I don't like giving
>>the impression that SPARQL depends on RDF Schema.
>>
>>For rdf:nil, let's use 3.3.3 RDF collections
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-mt-20040210/#collections
>>and for rdf:type, let's use 3.1 RDF Interpretations
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-mt-20040210/#RDFINTERP
>

> Agreed - I'll make that change in my next pass.  Where the URI is excplitly in
> the text I will not put a link (its' into the middle of
> 1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#) and link as you suggest.
>
>  Andy

Changes for v1.441:

1/ Link first use of "RDF Collections" in 2.8/RDF Collections to
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-mt-20040210/#collections

2/ Removed link for rdf:nil URI (going to the true value of rdf:nil does not
yield human readable material - you get the RDF/XML for RDF).

3/ Removed link for rdf:type URI

I didn't see the need to a link to
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-mt-20040210/#RDFINTERP as the text does not
attempt to explain rdf:type at all.