Issue queryMimeType - a mime type for the SPARQL Query Language

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:00:31 +0100
To: DAWG public list <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

The SPARQL Query Language has no mime type and we might need one
for similar reasons that the result format might.  We've received a few
comments about, one just today:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Jul/0058.html

DanC has added an issue for this queryMimeType at:
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#queryMimeType

Since I had the MIME type registration stuff swapped in, I've drafted a
possible mime type registration section for the SPARQL query language WD
at:
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/mime.txt
which contains a registration for application/sparql with a single
content encoding UTF-8.  The query language editors may take over
editing of this registration.

I thought we had decided on UTF-8 but isn't totally clear to me where it
says that at present.

Dave