Re: editorial comments on SPARQL Query Results XML Format editors draft

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 16:27 +0200, Jeen Broekstra wrote:
> First a comment somewhat outside scope: the DAWG page
> (http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/) still lists the link to the WD
> draft and the editor's draft as "SPARQL Variable Binding Results XML
> Format". This should probably change to "SPARQL Query Results XML Format".
>
> ----
>
> Review http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/
> $Revision: 1.33 $ of $Date: 2005/07/21 13:51:05 $
>

> Table of Contents (http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#contents)
> -------------
>
> The links for section 2.2 (Header) and 2.3 (Results) refer to the
> wrong anchor. Both refer to "#docElement", this should be "#head" and
> "#results", respectively.

Fixed.

> 2. Definition (http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#definition)
> -------------
>
> "and this document defines an XML serialisation to encode variable
> bindings Query Results from SELECT (SPARQL Query section 10.2). and
> returning a boolean result from ASK (SPARQL Query section 10.5)"
>
> I suggest rewording and fixing of punctuation to:
>
> ". This document defines an XML serialisation to encode variable
> binding query results from the SELECT result form (SPARQL Query
> section 10.2) and boolean query results from the ASK result form
> (SPARQL Query section 10.5)."

Thanks for the words, changed to use them.

> 2.1 Document element
> (http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#docElement)
> --------------------
>
> "The XML format has document element sparql element ...."
>
> I suggest rewording to:
>
> "The XML format has as the document element the sparql element ..."
>
> or alternatively:
>
>"The XML format has as the document element sparql ..."

Used the second suggestion.

> 2.3.1 Variable Binding Results
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#vb-results)
> ------------------------------
>
> In the explanation of the ordered attribute, I suggest adding
> explicitly that if set to true, the xml element order reflects the
> query result order.

OK, added a sentence.
  If the attribute value is <code>true</code>
  then the XML element order of <code>result</code> elements matches
  the query results order.

> ---
>
>   "The distinct attribute indicates that the results have are distinct
>   ..."
>
> I suggest removing the redundant 'have'.

fixed

> ---
>   "Note: The blank node label I is scoped to the result set XML
>    document  and does not have any association to the the ..."
>
> I suggest removing the redundant 'the'.

Fixed

> ---
>
>   "A query solution encoded in this format could look something like
>    the following:"
>
> I suggest rewording to something a bit stronger (it 'could' look
> 'something like' leaves a lot of room for alternatives ;)), for example:
>
>   "An example of a query solution encoded in this format is given
>    here:"

OK, strengthened to
  An example of a query solution encoded in this format is as follows:

> ---
>

> Jeen

All committed in CVS version 1.34 of
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/