Re: [Fwd: Re: SPARQL: sparqlResults namespace]

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 09:19 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 21:21 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > Bjoern's point seems reasonably well made.
> >
> >  http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results
> >
> > seems more consistent with precedent and hence
> > easier for XSLT/javascript programmers to deal with.
> >
> > Dave, what do you think?
>
> Sure, I have no problems with this.  (As long as somebody doesn't ask
> for http://www.w3.org/sparql-results next time ;)

I hadn't noticed the YYYY/MM to YYYY change. Eric or I will have to
get The Director to OK that.

> However what about timing of this change?  The query WD we just
> published is pointing at http://www.w3.org/2005/06/sparqlResults.  Can
> we make a LC results WD with this different namespace now or should we
> wait till the next round of drafts?

We should make the decision as soon as we're ready, and each draft
we publish should reflect the decisions we've made to date.

So I expect it to show up first in the upcoming results set draft.
The next QL draft will catch up, eventually.

> Also, as the namespace URI was a WG decision, it'll have to be voted on?

Yes.

> "RESOLVED: http://www.w3.org/2005/06/sparqlResults for results namespace
> name"
>  -- http://www.w3.org/2005/06/28-dawg-minutes
>
> Dave

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E