Prevelance of bNode-as-URI queries

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:51:23 +0100
To: DAWG public list <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

I'm analysing the query logs of our main demo RDQL query server (we
allow members of the public to query and browse it) for a project.

Out of interest I thought I'd find how many queries are handled where
people use the nasty <_:bnodeId> trick, turns out over the last 20 days we
handled 55,000 of those queries per day, which is way more than I
expected, there in around 6% of all queries. There were queries on about
70,000 different bNodes over the 20 days, so its not one or two important
instances.

That store does contain a lot of FOAFish data, so there are a lot of
bNodes in it, but it hints to me that this is a more important feature
than I thought.