Re: does DAWG actually have time to do WSDL?

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:52:56 -0500
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

[Note: I trimmed several superfluous addresses from the cc: field.]

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 01:21:58PM -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > I think it implicit in using WSDL.
>
> Our discussion was fairly explicit to the contrary:
>
>     <xs:element name='queryString' type='xs:string'/> <!-- in, e.g.,
> SPARQL syntax -->
>
>  -- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf5-bos.html#item_03

I've seen enough new information, as a WG member and as someone
working on the protocol spec, to think otherwise. Which is why I
spent a lot of time last week rewriting nearly 50 SPARQL queries into
XML. That's just one data point, but it is stuff we didn't talk about
in Boston.

> As I say, I'm not inclined to add it to the issues list unless/until
> there's more support.

Same organization, but if yr in straw poll mode, count mine as another
vote.

Kendall Clark