Re: does DAWG actually have time to do WSDL?

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:44:42 -0500
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

On Mar 21, 2005, at 12:05 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> These actions are three weeks old with no movement. Maybe
> WSDL is more of a schedule risk than we realized? Are there
> other WG members that can help? Hugo, PLH, do you have time to help?
>
> ACTION Bijan: to propose text (story? etc.) to support WSDL requirement

Sent to Kendall.

> ACTION EricP: to review WSDL text proposal
> ACTION KendallC: to add WSDL description of protocol to editor's draft,
> propose to WG
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf5-bos.html#item_03
>
> also...
>
> "For protocol, best guess is maybe 4 Apr for LC candidate."

Since this strikes me as an implausible date for the query language LC,
and I believe that Protocol is dependent on the query langauge, then I
find this an implausible date for protocol LC.

Things that need to be completed for protocol (IMHO):
	1) XML syntax for query language with XML Schema description (kendall
and I are working on that; of course, bit of a moving target as the
query language keeps changing, or potentially changing)
	2) Sensible XML Schemable XML output format (I thought this was the
same as the xsi:type discussion, but I'm happy to raise a separate
issue).

Once these are done, the rest is fairly straightforward.

Cheers,
Bijan.

P.S. I don't understand why this was sent to w3c-archive and not
public-rdf-dawg, which seems more appropriate, so I reply to that
instead of to w3c-archive.

P.P.S. I thought protocol was on a staggered schedule. 4 days for
candidate LCs doesn't seem to be a staggering at all, in practice.