Re: XML serialization of SPARQL

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 03:37:09AM -0500, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> Bijan was saying that he wants an XML serialization for SPARQL.
>
> While on IRC with Hugo, I doodled:

I've rewritten the first 20 queries in rq23 as XML, and I've done
this now 2 times -- trying to get a feel for what this XML
serialization should look-n-feel like. The present state of it is
pretty much useful as an AST for a SPARQL parser, since Bryan Thompson
and I pretty much just synched up on that effort.

Once I've finished rewriting the remaining dozen or so queries from
rq23, and worked on a schema for all of this, I'll share it with the
group. I've started work on a specification for the serialization, but
it'll be a little while longer yet.

(One thing that would have made this easier is if rq23 were
well-formed, so I could have extracted all the <pre class="query">
bits by machine. I used a "tag soup" parser and got most of them,
though.)

Kendall

PS--Yeah, I know, this isn't protocol work per se, but there are
connections and dependencies, I think, between our
on-the-wire/exchange serialization and the protocol, so I don't feel
like it's wasted or irrelevant effort.