Re: XML serialization of SPARQL

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:11:17 -0500

On Mar 16, 2005, at 7:51 AM, Bijan Parsia wrote:
[snip]
>  That's in essence the argument from WSDL...web services at the W3C
> (and elsewhere largely) are *xml* web services. You look like a dork
> selling something else; unprofessional. Plus, you *are* being a bit of
> a dork, since the overhead of the retooling you require makes
> accepting our somewhat out of mainstream technology that much more
> expensive for many people.
[snip]

I realized afterwards that this passage can look *way* more personal,
snarky, and insulting than I intended for it to be.  I was more trying
to convey my own experience of being in a situation where the technical
choices I was explaining and implicitly advocating were deemed dead on
arrival and realizing that those rejectors had pretty good reasons for
reacting that way. I apologize for the infelicitous expression.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.