N most-recent news items, a use case motivating a SORT requirement

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:27:50 -0600

Recent comments traffic suggests a SORT feature/requirement...
I asked for a use case, and got...

[[[
Use case: obtain a given number of most-recent items from a
triplestore-based RSS aggregator. (Something along the lines of
http://pubsub.com which aggregates data from several million feeds -
they use ASN.1 internally btw, though expose XML interfaces).
]]]
   --
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2005Mar/
0002.html

Anybody like the idea of addressing that use case in SPARQL?
Any design ideas or implementation experience with sorting?

Hmm... hard to argue that it's a bad idea; I think the discussion we've
had is more of the form "it can wait"; i.e. perhaps it belongs on the
issues list as "postponed".

Thoughts?