Re: any SOURCE * query example/test-case?

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:06:02 +0000
To: Alberto Reggiori <alberto@asemantics.com>
CC: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Alberto Reggiori wrote:

> Can anybody provide (or think of) an example query/test-case using
> SOURCE * (first part of production 6 - special case where ?src matched
> any source I guess) which fits the current design document?
>
> 	http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/
>
> I could not find any in the current doc and/or in the test-repository...
>
> thanks
>
> Alberto

I can add an example to rq23/ although I don't want to have to make an example
out of every way of doing things.

"SOURCE *" is a shorthand for "SOURCE ?s" where ?s is a var not used anywhere
else (and hence not in the result form either).

SELECT ?name ?fname
WHERE
    SOURCE *
    { (?x foaf:nick ?nick)
      (?x foaf:name ?name)
    }

gets all the names and IRC nicks over all the named graphs.  The app is not
interested in the origin for this query.

Putting inside a SOURCE means that there isn't any paths across graphs.  If (for
whatever reason) person resource had URIs, then the above limits it to name/nick
from the same graph.