Re: non-empty default graphs

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 11:06 -0400, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:29:09AM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > Your example has two conflicting descriptions of
> > the dataset. Pick one, please.

> Perhaps i over-abbreviated. This particular query service has no
> innate data (unlike, say, a database of the CIA World Fact Book).
> There are also two rdf files, lies and truth, out there on the web.

OK, now I understand which one you meant, but
I think I've lost the point. Do you mean to argue
for or against some design?

> > > Thus, if the defualt database *may* be contiminated, you need to fall
> > > back to the more verbose form of provenance constraint:
> > >   SELECT ?stuff
> > >   FROM <truth.rdf>
> > >   FROM NAMED <lies.rdf>
> > >   WHERE { GRAPH <truth.rdf> { <TheMoon> <isMadeOf> ?stuff } }

Is that intended to be an argument against the rq23 1.367 design?
It seems like just a neutral fact, from where I sit. If
you're querying some service and you don't know what dataset(s)
it uses, life is hard. That's what SADDLE is/was all about. I hope
we get this round of specs done soon enough to get to that
part of the design space.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
see you at XTech in Amsterdam 24-27 May?