Proposal from the telecon 2005-05-31

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 18:35:55 +0100
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Early on today (around 14:50 UTC in the telecon), Jos asked for FROM <u1> <u2>
<u3> to be a merge.  I said I'd make sure it got into the email trail so people
can comment on it.

The alternatives I can think of are:

0/ A single FROM to specify the default graph, one URI to be loaded.
   This is what rq23 currently says.

FROM <u>

1/ A single FROM statement allowing multiple URIs.

FROM <u1> <u2> <u3>

where the RDF merge [1] of <u1> <u2> and <u3> is formed and used as the default
graph matching triple patterns that are not modified by GRAPH.

2/ Multiple FROM statements, one URI per statement

FROM <u1>
FROM <u2>
FROM <u3>

making the default graph the RDF merge of <u1> <u2> and <u3>
This was the principla request from Jos.

3/ Mix of 1/ and 2/

FROM <u1> <u2>
FROM <u3>

making the default graph the RDF merge of <u1> <u2> and <u3>

This just for the default graph - not the named graphs.

	Andy

[1] Merge of RDF graphs: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#graphdefs