Re: protocol draft updated, open issue proposals (wsdlAbstractProtocol)

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:21:33 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 01:03:39PM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:

> I agree that <service> can be left aside, but what other
> HTTP binding details are missing? I can't think of any.

There are a few; but rather than run them all down here, I'm just trying
to get them sorted out and into the WSDL file instead. That's more
profitable, I think.

> I'd like to have most of the details of the HTTP binding in hand when
> I put the question. Perhaps I chose the name of the issue poorly,
> but I mean for a decision on this issue to specify
> the HTTP query parameter names and describe them using WSDL.

Ah, I still believe the actual parameter names can be overriden in
anyone's <service> section of their WSDL, but maybe this is a "just don't
do that" situation. Anyway, time will tell.

And, yes, the name is slightly misleading, but no matter now.

> I'm considering arguing for SparqlGraph and SparqlBindings
> interfaces, and perhaps SparqlQueryAndTransform ...
> but I'll do that separately, with suggested text and such,
> if at all.

As a WG member, I will oppose any XSLT additions. I'm perfectly satisfied
by the orthongonality argument; there are existing XSLT services which
will happily consume our XML output. That's the cleanest and easiest thing
to do IMO. Just FYI.

Kendall Clark