Re: construct starting to feel like a separate interface

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 11:03:34 -0400
Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 10:31:46AM -0400, Kendall Clark wrote:

> I believe that by moving CONSTRUCT to a separate interface (well, I
> would move it into two separate interfaces: SparqlConstruct and
> SparqlConstructX), the "query-result" type would become:
>
>     <xs:element name="query-result">
>         <xs:element ref="xrf:sparql"></xs:element>
>     </xs:element>

D'oh! I forgot about DESCRIBE -- pesky DESCRIBE.

Hmm, I think, then, that DESCRIBE and CONSTRUCT stand or fall
together, so I'm leaning toward something like this:

SparqlQuery (SELECT & ASK)
SparqlQueryX
SparqlGraph (CONSTRUCT & DESCRIBE)
SparqlGraphX
SparqlMaintain
SparqlService

Interfaces increase further (at least two, at most five more) if we
include the (orthogonal, IMO) XSLT transformation stuff.

Kendall Clark