Re: construct starting to feel like a separate interface

From: Jeen Broekstra <jeen@aduna.biz>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 10:12:06 +0200
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Dan Connolly wrote:
> I'm working on sparcli.py , playing with various
> services out there; one of the options is...
>
>     elif '--sparqlette' in sys.argv:
>         BG='data'
>         svcAddr =
> 'http://www.wasab.dk/morten/2005/04/sparqlette/?format=xml&'
>
> i.e. I'm trying to look at the SPARQL interface as something
> that doesn't have a format= param, but sparqlette has
> a format param, so I'm trying to "hide" it in the service
> address.
>
> That works for SELECT and ASK, but not for CONSTRUCT.
>
> I'm starting to wonder if ?query=... should be
> separated into ?select=... and ?construct=... or
> something.

FWIW we have a separation like that in Sesame's java API and HTTP
interface. See
http://www.openrdf.org/doc/users/ch08.html#section-comm-http-table-queries
  and
http://www.openrdf.org/doc/users/ch08.html#section-comm-http-graph-queries.

Jeen
--
Jeen Broekstra          Aduna BV
Knowledge Engineer      Julianaplein 14b, 3817 CS Amersfoort