minutes: RDF Data Access 3 May for review

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 11:04 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> 1. Convene, take roll, review records and agenda
>   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/
>   2005-05-03T14:30Z
>     log to appear:http://www.w3.org/2005/05/03-dawg-irc
>
> scribe: KendallC/DanC

Present: DaveB, Yoshio, Jeen_Broekstra, DanC, AndyS, Kendall_Clark,
JanneS, Kevin, HowardK, JosD

> record for review:
>   http://www.w3.org/2005/04/26-dawg-minutes

RESOLVED: to ammend it to show Howard's action and Janne attending,
and accept it as a true record.

> next meeting: 10 May? scribe volunteer?
>  hmm... SPARQL tutorial at WWW2005 is 10 May
>  http://www2005.org/tutorials/tutorials_half.html#TA05

10 May -- no meeting because of WWW conflict
17 May -- meeting @ regular time, JanneS scribing

> continue the following without discussion:
> ACTION: KendallC to work out remaining details in sparqlx.{rnc,xsd,rng}:
> expression syntax, order-by stuff (xmlAbstractSyntax)

continues.

continues (@@discussd a bit below?)

> comments on agenda?
>  getting stuff done during spare time on the rules workshop
>  trip turned out to be a fantasy.

We tried to fit some discussion of the rules workshop into
the agenda, but it fell off the end. There was some post-meeting
chit chat about it.

> 2. issue fromUnionQuery
>
> ACTION: EricP to try out the "2 list of URIs" datasets design from
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0440.html>

EricP reported some progress. CONTINUES.

> ACTION: KendallC to draft protocol section on specifying datasets
> (fromUnionQuery) including WSDL types and HTTP examples

DONE: We looked at 1.35 of
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/
esp. parameter names like named-graph-uri

The editors talked about using "default" in the prose, now that
we're more clear how datasets work, formally. They seem inclined
to do that.

HTTP examples part of the action goes to DanC (see below).

DaveB suggested an output-type parameter for the internet media
type for the result of XSLT transformation. There was some argument
against having the XSLT stuff at all.

DanC took a rough poll:

 (0) no XSLT anywhere in SPARQL protocol,
 (1) ala Andy, a pointer that will come back in <?xml-stylesheet ?> for
the client
 (2) yes, standardize an interface where the server does XSLT, with
mimetype and all

The 0 option got a lot of support, but then we discussed moving
the XSLT transformation to a separate interface, which the editor
seemed inclined to try out.

> 3. protocol publication candidate
>
> ACTION: kendall to uncommment saddle stuff, email to list

DONE.

> ACTION: Yoshio to edit saddle descriptions provided by KendallC

some progress; CONTINUES.

> ACTION: KendallC to incorporate EricP's privacy text, salting to taste

DONE in 1.35

> ACTION: KendallC to ask WSD WG for clarification about HTTP binding of
> WSDL2, esp lists of URIs

some progress/thinking; KC might ask to withdraw later.

> ACTION: DanC to generate SELECT, CONSTRUCT, ASK protocol traces

DanC reported some progress on that
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005AprJun/0199.html
CONTINUES.

> 4. results format
>
> ACTION EricP: to publish http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/ 1.25
> + editorial notes from DaveB

CONTINUES. Technically, the protocol depends on this, not the other
way around, but EricP is likely to do them both at the same time.

Jeen asks what the status of the RDF results format is
SteveH has an action to publish it as a Note at his leisure.
It's not REC-track; just for WG use in testing.

> 5. issue: valueTesting
>
> ACTION: DaveB to work with EricP to clarify valueTesting proposal

CONTINUES. (EricP seems to be making progress, but wasn't quite
sync'd with DaveB yet).

> ACTION: EricP to propose a test re "x"^^mytype != "y"^^mytpe

progress:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#extendedType-eq-pass
almost done; a few clean-ups remain. CONTINUES.

> ACTION: DanC to send comment on non-use of
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes> to schema comments list

no progress. CONTINUES.

> 6. issue: sort
>
> ACTION: JeenB to Write a few sort test cases.

EricP did some sort tests, related to valueTesting, and added
some stuff to the manifest schema, not realizing Jeen had already
done that. (we'll use rs:index and ordering from 1 )
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#sorting-one-of-one-column

Jeen's action is done.
 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/sort/

We looked at
"ORDER BY" section of
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#solutionsResults

and noted there aren't formal definitions yet.

DanC tested the waters with a straw poll...

PROPOSED: that http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/ 1.328 and
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/sort/query-sort-1.rq
address the sort issue

Jeen and Andy seemed confident that the sort design was done,
but EricP and a few others wanted more time to look it over,
so DanC didn't think we had quite a critical mass to close
the issue this week.

> 7. SPARQL QL edits
>

> ACTION: AndyS to define a term for abstract form of SPARQL query

Andy claimed victory in IRC. (DanC would have liked to talk
about it a bit, so may carry the action to next week.)

> ACTION: PatH to internal review of rq23

CONTINUES.

> 8. Test Suite Maintenance
>
> ACTION: EricP to pair with SteveH on making the HTML test results page
> ACTION: DaveB to to propose source test to approve
> ACTION: DanC to follow up re optional test based on op:dateTime triple
> ACTION: SteveH to prepare test cases for publication as WG Note (no
> deadline/urgency)
> ACTION: AndyS to add the above graph test cases (analagous to
> valueTesting test cases) (don't expect quick delivery)

all CONTINUED without discussion.
(er... actually, I think EricP reported some progress on "to pair...")

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E