W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > April to June 2005

SPARQL Query Results XML Format

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:22:24 +0100
To: 'RDF Data Access Working Group ' <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20050425172224.5821765f@hoth.ilrt.bris.ac.uk>

I've updated the XML results format editor's draft

  $Revision: 1.24 $ of $Date: 2005/04/25 16:11:26 $
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/

to reflect issues brought up and after earlier discussion.

The changes are primarily as follows:

1. Switched to a form where the variable name is not used as an
   element name. It is now of the form <binding name="var">

2. Added a boolean result form for ASK.

3. Added sub-elements of binding for the RDF Term types:
   <bnode>, <uri>, <literal>

4. Added the sub-element of binding <unbound> for recording no-value

5. Allow xsi:type on RDF typed literal RDF Terms (<literal>)
   This addresses a public-dawg-comment.  Still could do with some
   feedback - need to consider how optional this is and if any
   checking is done.

6. Changed the URIs of the  namespaces  and relaxng, WXS schemas

Several of these changes allow stricter validation such as, for
example, the <uri> element has no allowed attributes.  I've mostly
captured this as relaxng but the conversion to XML schema using the
trang tool didn't like the xsi: attributes and after fixing that I
still couldn't get it happy with the 'datatype' attribute (there
might be more errors but it stopped at that point).  I gave up
at that point.

I've updated the example queries to the latest SPARQL syntax, and
also updated and tested the XSLT and XQuery scripts that operate on
the XML result format to generate HTML, to match the updated XML
format.  All of this is linked at
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/#examples

Dave
Received on Monday, 25 April 2005 16:24:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:23 GMT