need for xs:integer-based compare functions

From: Howard Katz <howardk@fatdog.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:36:02 -0700
To: <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Cc: "RDF Data Access Working Group" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Andy,
Did my irc comment answer the question you were asking in the telecon? ie
(as I interpreted it), why is there a need for compare functions that takes
xs:integer operands, since there are already a family of functions defined
for operands of type xs:decimal, and subtype substitution allows you to pass
an integer (or subtype thereof) anywhere a decimal is called for?

Was that your question? If so, my answer was and is: good question! I don't
know, unless it's for reasons of efficiency.
Howard