RE: XQuery value comparisons (Part I - numerics)

 > Howard,
 >
 > Thanks for this - it is really helpful, especially about the type
 > promotion and subtype substitution.  I think I can upgrade to that style
 > of execution so I think it is doable.  I'd be interested in ptrs to how
 > expression evaluation maps to existing technologies like SQL.

Sorry, I don't have any data points in that department.

 > Do you think this means we need to say what happens to literals of type
 > XMLLiteral?

Yikes, I'd forgotten all about xml literals! Do you really want to go there?
:-) The one thing that springs to mind is that comparisons against xml
literals would be like XQuery comparisons against untyped nodes, where the
contents are extracted via atomization. I'd like to go do a quick review on
atomizing node content if you're really interested ...

Howard