W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > April to June 2005

wsdldg.xsl converts our WSDL 2.0 to WSDL 1.1; hunt for WSDL tools continues

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:23:52 -0500
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1113315832.4891.144.camel@localhost>
I'm still trying to get the machine to do something useful with
our WSDL protocol description.

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/sparql-protocol-query.wsdl

Since there's a lack of WSDL 2.0 tools, I cobbled together a piece
of XSLT to convert it to WSDL 1.1. It's very rough, but it
produces results that look like things I see in WSDL 1.1 specs
and tutorials:

~/w3ccvs/WWW/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd$ make
xsltproc --novalid -o sparql-protocol-query.wsd1 wsdldg.xsl
sparql-protocol-query.wsdl
ignoring pattern http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out
      on operation query
ignoring style http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/style/uri
      on operation query
ignoring messageLabel In
      on operation query
ignoring messageLabel Out
      on operation query
@@not matched: fault in description
@@looking for op query on interface SparqlQuery.

Attached find the output, sparql-protocol-query.wsd1 .
I don't think I'll check it in until I find a way to make
use of it.

So then I tried a wsdl2py tool, but it seems to only work
on SOAP bindings:

~/w3ccvs/WWW/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd$ PYTHONPATH=~/src/ZSI-1.7/
python ~/src/ZSI-1.7/scripts/wsdl2py.py -f *.wsd1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/connolly/src/ZSI-1.7/scripts/wsdl2py.py", line 167, in ?
    main()
  File "/home/connolly/src/ZSI-1.7/scripts/wsdl2py.py", line 162, in
main
    types=args_d['types'])
  File "/home/connolly/src/ZSI-1.7/ZSI/wsdl2python.py", line 221, in
write
    psuffix=psuffix, esuffix=esuffix)
  File "/home/connolly/src/ZSI-1.7/ZSI/wsdl2python.py", line 299, in
write_services
    sd.fromWsdl(service, self.typeDict)
  File "/home/connolly/src/ZSI-1.7/ZSI/wsdl2python.py", line 697, in
fromWsdl
    raise WsdlGeneratorError, 'no soap bindings available for service %
s' % service.getName()
ZSI.wsdl2python.WsdlGeneratorError: no soap bindings available for
service httpSparqlQueryBinding_testSvc

I found a discussion of GET support in ASP.NET...
  http://www.vijaymukhi.com/documents/books/xmlsoap/chap11.htm
which the mono project claims to support thoroughly.
 http://www.go-mono.com/asp-net.html

I'm making slow progress; I've never used mono before. Wish me
luck.

-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E



Received on Tuesday, 12 April 2005 14:23:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:23 GMT