Re: bNodes and properties

Dan Connolly wrote:

> It's a bit odd that
>
>  { ?R ?dummy [] }
>
> is allowed, and means the same thing, but { ?R [] [] } is
> not allowed.
 >
>>Turtle does not allow bNodes in the property slot.  Comments?
>

> I don't really have strong feelings either way. I'm happy for
> the editors to flip a coin (or leave the coin flipped).

Given that blank nodes fultill the role of (anonymous) variables, I
would be in favor of adopting blank-nodes-in-property-slots for SPARQL.

Another, somewhat related, beef I have with the current syntax is that
it allows the use of blank node labels (_:a) as variables. This is not
only redundant, but confusing as heck since undoubtedly people will
misread this as being a blank node label occurring in the queried
source (instead of a variable name). Is there a strong argument
against simply removing this feature from SPARQL?

Jeen
--
Jeen Broekstra          Aduna BV
Knowledge Engineer      Julianaplein 14b, 3817 CS Amersfoort