Re: SPARQL syntax proposals

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 17:10:02 +0100
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

A not concerning an old-ish message from EricP:

[[
>bNodes are interpreted as unique, unreferencable variables.
>SELECT ?who WHERE { ?who :brother [ in Army ], :mother [ in Navy] . }
>(same as            ?who :brother ?b.
>                     ?b in Army.
>                     ?who :mother ?m.
>                     ?m in Navy              )
]]
-- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0227.html

While I'm personally comfortable with using N3-style ';' and ',', I think
this example demonstrates a potential source of confusion (also raised
elsewhere by Steve Harris). I think that the ',' should be a ';'.

#g

Graham Klyne
For email:
http://www.ninebynine.org/#Contact