Re: Rough sparql protocol and result format hack

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 06:18:56 +0000, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> >FWIW, in the protocol draft coming up soon, "lang" is "query-lang" and
> >the value is a URI.
> >
> ><aside type="smartass">
> >Which URI? I don't know, as I'm assured the spec doesn't need to say
> >anything specific. How client implenters are to gather query language
> >URIs -- I await enlightenment!
> ></aside>
>
> The WG does get to choose the URI for SPARQL.  It can go in rq23/ to record
> it.

How do we encode version numbers? In the URI (so a lexical match fails) or
as a speperate parameter, which seems a bit ugly. Or, the URI could point
to an RDF file describing the particular version of the query lang and
its relation to past or future versions...

I need coffee.