Re: tests and inference?

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:33:59 -0500
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: "Thompson, Bryan B." <BRYAN.B.THOMPSON@saic.com>, andy.seaborne@hp.com, RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>, "Bebee, Bradley R." <BRADLEY.R.BEBEE@saic.com>

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 08:20:33AM -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Inference affects the input graph. Our tests state the input
> graph explicitly.

This amounts to an implicit prohibition against inference being done
on that graph.

Does the test suite say that anywhere? The Sparql spec doesn't say
that, of course, which could be confusing.

Explicit being better than implicit, I would be less bothered by this
if the test suite (document, whatever) made this implicit prohibition
against inference explicit.

Kendall Clark
--
Sometimes it's appropriate, even patriotic, to be ashamed
of your country. -- James Howard Kunstler