Re: Fwd: SPARQL: graph syntax should be N3 subset

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 18:01 +0000, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> [...]
>
>> > - Allows one to create some example data, view it as N3, and then paste
>> > it into the 'construct' clause, replacing a few values with variables.
>>
>>This is a compelling argument IMHO.  It suggests using N3-like syntax to capture
>>triple patterns.
>

> Compelling...  that suggests you'll be updating the SPARQL spec to
> use N3-like syntax for triple patterns.

Well - no - the email was more with editor's hat off. I don't feel inclined to
change the doc at the moment without a sense of direction from the WG because we
had the (close) strawpoll at the F2F.

Also, it does not fully address the original comments so there is more
discussion to be had.

It does not address matters raised about:
: the list syntax comment which I just can't get to work
: the PS about modifications to N3 which I can't get to even parse

(Dan - with your cwm hat on, could you help out here when you have got over the
travel-induced backlog?)

 Andy