Re: Updated DAWG variable binding results XML format

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:26:32 -0600
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 03:45:58PM +0000, Dave Beckett muttered something about:
> I've updated the result formats I did 2004-09-28 described in
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0556.html
> to add a <variables> header describing the variable names
> as well as a form for returning blank nodes.

>From my perspective as a potential protocol document editor, I'd like it if
this variable results format could get approved by the WG, so that we can
give it a URI identifier. Which I can then use in the protocol doc.

At any rate, even if there are some changes that happen to it, it's the only
game in town, and I'd be happy to vote on it in an upcoming WG telecon.

> Depends on how important schema validation is, I guess.

I think it's overrated generally, but especially so here.

If it would be useful, I was going to write some Python to process these
files into HTML (and/or Python native data structures) using one or two
popular Python XML APIs. The more (examples) the merrier (people will be),
IMO.

Kendall Clark
--
You're one in a million