Re: objecting to $ alone (was Re: SPARQL 2004-10-12 syntax and grammar issues)

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 09:54:41AM -0500, Kendall Clark wrote:
> Hence, my actual position is to allow both "$" and "?", though not
> mixed in one query, and stop worrying about "needless complexity". Or,
> rather, worry about it in more tractable ways.

This seems reasonable to me. I wouldn't like to make the choice on wether
$foo == ?foo or not, both options seem bad to me.

Peronally I'm far more likly to be bitten by having to escape $ in perl,
than ? in SQL, so I'd prefer the ?foo form to be available, but I dont
feel as strongly as Kendall :)