Comments in SPARQL

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:08:08 +0000
To: DAWG public list <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

One more of my many remaining sparql grammar issues.

There are no comments in SPARQL.

I've been supporting RDQL's C++ and C style comments:
// to end of line and /* blah */
but that's not sanctioned by the grammar or SPARQL doc.

I just noticed Alberto's used a # to end of line style like many other
scripty languages and formats.

Please can we have this fixed.  I'd ask the editor's choose either
the C/C++ style or # scripty style.  My only mild preference
is the former since I've implemented it.  A +0.

Thanks

Dave