FYI: "Scalability Report on Triple Store Applications" from SIMILE project

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:58:06 -0500
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Cc: ryanlee@w3.org

FYI... this isn't directly relevant to anything
on our agenda, but I think it's probably worthwhile
reading for most members of this WG (especially
those of you who build the triple stores that
were evaluated...)

Scalability Report on Triple Store Applications
                              SIMILE
Ryan Lee
July 26, 2004
ryanlee@w3.org
http://simile.mit.edu/
http://simile.mit.edu/reports/stores/

I read it pretty quickly; there's lots of detail; I sorta
skipped to the conclusion, but I'm still not sure what the
take-home message is. I'm curious to know about relationships
between architecture/design decisions and scalability.
e.g. how far can you get with mySQL? When do you need to design
your own on-disk data structures?