Re: names, elevator speeches, slides, and marketing

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:45:13 -0400
To: Dave Beckett <Dave.Beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 02:33:09PM +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:

> So I suggest:
>
>   Data Access for RDF Query Language - DARQ (pronounced as "dark")
>   Data Access for RDF Protocol       - DARP
>
> of course, DARP*A* may like the latter :)

I'm not sure what's going on, but I keep finding myself in violent
agreement with Dave Beckett. I guess that's gotta be a good thing!

Anyway, I'm not sure I agree that we need *two* names, but I actually
like these two, especially DARQ/"dark". I think it's *great*. It's
sorta basic and polyvalent at the same time, like SOAP.

So, how does it play in dialogue?

"How do I retrieve that RDF representation of the US Senate you were
telling me about?", the man asks.

"Just use the Python client", the geek answers, "to connect to our
server and send a dark query".

Nice, Dave.

Kendall Clark

PS--Maybe if we have a "DARP", then EricM will stop pimping Joseki at
conferences and start pimping it! :>