RE: XQuery syntax for BRQL semantics

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:13:58 +0100
To: "Rob Shearer" <Rob.Shearer@networkinference.com>, "RDF Data Access Working Group" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Correction:

> result: ?title = "BRQL Tutorial"

> what's listed is NOT actually the result of the
> query. What's listed is a string representing a data structure that
> programmers must traverse to find the result.

(this comes up several times)

Not true - this is not the syntax for the results.  That is not
specified anywhere in the BRQL document.

This is missing the difference between presentation of results
(something XQuery is strong on) and data access.  BRQL is strong on
data access.  The BRQL spec is not proposing an output format.
It is not a presentation language.

What you see in
> result: ?title = "BRQL Tutorial"
is just a way to write it into a draft document.

Later, I tried with an HTML table.  Which do people prefer?