Re: getting more concrete about 4.6

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:02:18 -0400
To: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:13:54AM -0400, Kendall Clark wrote:

> Folks,

> That's what I had in mind for 4.6 as originally proposed. Whether
> others want this or not, it's at least more concrete and, thus,  more
> easily debated than the way 4.6 is currently worded. At least IMO.

It's come to my attention that this message is easily seen as a
proposal of concrete syntax. Sorry, but that's not what I intended.

I was trying to break the logjam re: 4.6 by pointing out two thing:

1. At least one other query language, RQL, has support for these kinds
   of queries.

2. I would be satisfied to consider 4.6 as motivating some subset of
   these kinds of queries. That is, I'm trying to be flexible: I will
   be happy with the "easy" subset, if we can identify it.

Sorry the message was unclear.

Kendall Clark