RE: variables prefix - ?variable vs. $variable

SQL queries can contain ? in other places such as literals.  Presumably use
of SQL interface placeholders are determined by some level of parsing, else
literal use of ? is substituted.  Similar regular expressions and LIKE
(Where ? is a plain character).  This may or may not be the intent.

What do these interfaces do in this situations?

> or any chance to get '$' symbol accepted as a synonym for '?' symbol in
> the BRQL spec?

The doc does not define the syntax.  It just gets used in examples.

	Andy